Official Name
Cangahua
Date of Foundation
October 29, 1790
Population
16.231 hab
Temperature
4°C – 8°C
Height
3.180 m.s.n.m

Cangahua Parish

Since ancient times he was part of the Cacicazgo de Cayambi. During the colonial period, it continued to depend on that seat, which was part of the Corregimiento de Otavalo. As a Curate or Doctrine, Cangahua existed since 1753, being its parish priest Juan Cevallos y Donoso.
This one, by means of petition, obtained the resolution of the Audience, the 31 of October of 1.789, so that it could be located as new territory in the site denominated Pucará, with frequent petitions definitively, the new parish is established; reason why the Tribunal received, the 29 of October of 1.790, date of the erection, constituting itself in one of the oldest rural parishes of the canton Cayambe (Ecuador).

Events

    News